11.21.2011

i'll drink to that

Sadly, the rest of my fabric for my anthropologie-ish ottoman has yet to arrive- boo. While that project has been put on hold, I have about 10 more up my sleeve to keep me more than busy over this holiday break.  Let's just say I'll be painting, sewing, cooking, decorating, and shopping over the next few days. Lots and lots of holiday projects! I've been a little lazy in taking pictures of our house lately, even though things have been a-changing as always. One area that got a mini-makeover was our summer bar. Since Summer has finally left the building here in CA, it was time to change things around and make the bar feel more seasonally appropriate. Once winter and Christmas decorations come out, we will surely be changing things up once again. Here's the current state of affairs - bar wise. 
After a little shopping trip to West Elm, I added a  faux white antler to the bar and a gold lacquered tray to hold the alcohol. Oh, how I love West Elm! I used several mercury glass votive holders from my collection on the top shelf of the bar, along with a painting in pinks and reds. I removed the basket and went for a simple arrangement of bar glasses on the bottom shelf. All the rest of our glasses are stored in the spacious cabinet below the bar. Ready for some holiday entertaining! 










1 comment:

  1. Always happy to see that you guys are prepared for seasonal drinking :)

    ReplyDelete

Did you enjoy this post? Leave a comment below and let us know what you thought!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs